With the characteristics of specialization, internationalization and platformization, the Ningbo Short Film Festival offers the professional ‘Golden Conch Award’ and a variety of film and cultural events, cohering with global forces of film and television and build a platform for outstanding independent creative film and television teams to exchange and develop works.
Promoting human harmony
3. Unit Setting
The main competition of the 4th Ningbo Short Film Festival will contain Short Film unit and Internet Script unit, while the non-main competition will contain “Incorruptible China” unit and Special Attention unit. The main competition unit aims to promote human harmony and solicits films globally, and encourages award-winning players and film crews with the mode of bonus and support plan.
[Short Film] Domestic and foreign short film with a full story plot in less than 60 minutes.
[Internet Script] Short film scripts, internet serial short scripts (less than 10 minutes per episode, more than 10 episodes) and internet movie scripts collection.
[Incorruptible China] Short films less than 20 mins that promote governing integrity
[Special Attention] Short films less than 30 mins such as experimental films, public welfare films and dialectical films.
4. Unit and Award Setting
Note: ☆ indicates films that have the potential to be eligible for 1,000,000 RMB feature project support.
5. Director’s Project Support Program
1. Bodi Pictures and Jinbo Investment, a joint strategic cooperative organization of the Organizing Committee of Ningbo Short Film Festival, will selec two award-winning works for follow-up creative investment, each with an investment of no less than 1 million yuan. The investment principles are as follows:
a. One of the winners is the Golden Conch Award for Best Short Film, the other is selected from the Best Director Award, the Best Cellphone Short Film, the Best Drama Short Film, the Best Female Short Film, the Best Animated Short Film, the Best Creative Short Film and the Best Script Award;
b. In principle, the award-winning short film must be written and directed by one person; if the Best Script Award is selected then the creative team can be decided by themselves;
c. The project invested can be an extension of the award-winning short film, i.e. a feature film, or it can be the director’s next personal project;
d. Each film will receive no less than 1 million yuan for script incubation, preparation and feature film production;
e. If the awarded short film also wins the Golden Conch Award, the minimum amount of financial support will not be superimposed and the number of support projects will not be reduced.
2. For all the short films and scripts suitable for incubation into online dramas, internet films or cinematic release, other strategic partners of the Organizing Committee such as Ningbo Film and Television Art Co. Ltd. will have the right to participate in the investment, the specific content of which will be discussed separately.
6. Competition Schedule
First Stage——Submission：25 September 2019 – 27 October 2019
Second Stage——Evaluation：28 October 2019 – 15 November 2019
Third Stage——Award Ceremony：December 2019
7. Entry Requirements
1. The film must be the original film output 1080P HD video, the stream does not exceed 30M, the format must be mp4, mpg, mov. All the entries for the works produced in 2017 and beyond, the screen may not have additional watermarks. The duration of the film does not exceed 60 minutes. Domestic films are to be subtitled with Chinese and English, while foreign films are to be subtitled with at least English or Chinese.
2. All films submitted shall promote human harmony as their general theme. The subject matter and form of all entries are not limited but must be original, with positive attitudes, and must comply with Chinese laws, regulations, and copyright requirements.
3. The following application materials are required: the filled in registration form + the signed authorization agreement + a poster + a promotional film. Both PDF version and Word version of the registration form are needed. The license agreement and copyright statement must be completed in full and signed; in addition, the company should affix its official seal. The poster requires horizontal and vertical versions of the jpg format. High-definition video clips (trailers, shooting highlights, etc.) within 2 minutes are available in mp4, mpg, and mov video formats.
4. Each author can submit more than one work but will only receive one award; the same work can be only submitted to one category.
5. The special scripts and project road show sessions of Ningbo Short Film Festival welcomes excellent scripts and projects at home and abroad.
8. Registration Channel
Channel 1: Go to Ningbo Short Film Festival WeChat - wdy0574 reply ‘submit’ to obtain the information
Channel 2: Go to e-mail – email@example.com reply ‘submit’ to obtain the information
Channel 3: Go to the official Weibo of Ningbo Short Film Festival reply ‘submit’ to obtain the information
Channel 4: Go to the Global Film Festival Registration Platform - Sign up for the New Film Circle
9. Registration Procedure
1. Participants download and complete the entry form.
2. Participants download and complete the license agreement and copyright statement.
3. Upload the works, registration form (PDF version and Word version), authorization agreement, materials, and promotional videos to the cloud disk, and upload the link and the extraction code to the email firstname.lastname@example.org, in the title type in: film title + name of the participant + phone number + competition section. Participants can also copy the works and materials onto USB and mail to the Organizing Committee. Please be sure to make the name of author and work on the envelope and storage medium. The submitted works will not be returned. Please backup and retain the data.
4. All information submitted by the candidates must be true and legal. The Organizing Committee retains the right to cancel their registration or demand the return of awards. Deadline for registration: October 27, 2019.
10. Contact Details
l Email: email@example.com
l Mailing address: Ningbo Short Film Festival Organizing Committee, Ningbo TV Station, No. 599, South Section of Huancheng West Road, Haishu District, Ningbo, Zhejiang Province, China
l Recipient: Organizing Committee of Ningbo Short Film Festival
l Tel: 0086-574-56111092, 0086-574-56111406
l WeChat public number: Ningbo International Microfilm Festival (wdy0574)
l Sina Weibo: Ningbo International Microfilm Festival
l Tencent Penguin: Ningbo International Microfilm Festival
l stivalWeb site: http://www.nbfestival.com
Organizing Committee of Ningbo Short Film Festival